The Sales Coordinator aids the Director of Sales in soliciting bookings for the hotel by contacting and building relationships with representatives of government, businesses, associations and social groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrating Innisfree Hotels’ culture by creating a fun, happy, and safe work environment.
- Assisting the DOS with all aspects of the job, including conducting and coordinating hotel visits with current or prospective guests and ensuring 100% group satisfaction.
- Reviewing information on sales meetings, conventions, training classes, overnight travel and other functions to select prospective customers for hotel services.
- Analyzing requirements of functions, highlighting available hotel facilities and services, and providing pricing quotes.
- Verifying reservations, creating proposals and preparing contracts.
- Conferring with customers and department heads to plan function details including space requirements, publicity, food and beverage and decorations.
- Serving as coordinator during functions to resolve problems.
- Maintaining detailed client files.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Proficiency in use of technology, including accounting and word processing software.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supervisor: Director of Sales
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt