A message from Ted Ent, President and CEO, Innisfree Hotels
We are closely monitoring the situation regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). As travelers, we understand that you may have uncertainty about your upcoming trips and vacations. As the situation around the COVID-19 continues to evolve, our teams are working diligently to ensure the safety of our guests and employees.
Our teams are in constant communication with local experts, including the most up-to-date directives and information from both the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). Additionally, we have received excellent guidance from our hotel brands, which includes hazardous response practices, enhanced industry standards and honoring short-term cancellation policies.
All Innisfree Hotels properties are cleaned and sanitized daily as part of our normal business operations. In light of COVID-19, we’re increasing the frequency and extent of daily cleanings and taking steps to ensure all locations have ample hygiene and sanitation supplies available. This includes increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting high-touchpoint areas, practicing proper handwashing techniques and educating our employees on best practices for personal hygiene.
We thank you in advance for your vigilance, and I hope you will join us in engaging in safe behaviors while we endure this time. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. The Florida Department of Health recommends everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick;
- Staying home when you are sick;
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then disposing of the tissue;
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing;
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty, and;
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
For over 35 years, our company has successfully navigated unforeseen crises, including hurricanes, oil spills and other natural disasters. Our entire team, from myself down to every team member on property, is fully engaged and prepared to meet this challenge head on.
We’ll continue to keep you updated as new information becomes available, and we’ll make any adjustments necessary to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests and team members. We specialize in creating fun, memorable experiences for all of our guests, and we fully expect to be able to continue to do just that.
When you and your family are ready for a relaxing getaway, we will be here for you.
Thank you for your support and trust.
President and CEO, Innisfree Hotels