Innisfree Hotels Donates 6,300 Room Nights to Healthcare Workers and Medical Professionals Impacted by Coronavirus
GULF BREEZE, Fla., April 13, 2020 – Innisfree Hotels, Northwest Florida’s largest owner of beachfront hotels, announced today that the company will donate up to 6,300 room nights to frontline medical professionals leading the fight against COVID-19.
Beginning this week, Innisfree will make rooms available without charge to doctors, nurses, EMTs, paramedics and other frontline medical staff who need a place to sleep, recharge or isolate from their families through the end of May. The initiative will be executed in partnership with Hilton and American Express’s commitment to donate up to 1 million hotel room nights across the United States.
“In the spirit of hospitality, Innisfree is opening our doors to medical workers and first responders who are courageously and selflessly serving on the frontlines of the gulf coast,” said Ted Ent, President and CEO, Innisfree Hotels. “The concept of helping those who help us has long been ingrained in our company culture, so the decision to join Hilton in providing relief for thousands of medical staff enduring long hours under challenging circumstances was an easy one,” Ent explained.
Innisfree is working with local organizations who represent healthcare workers in Pensacola, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, Fort Walton Beach, Panama City Beach, and Sarasota to provide access to the program. Rooms will be available across a variety of Innisfree properties, including Hilton Pensacola Beach, Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach, Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, Hilton Garden Inn Fort Walton Beach, Hampton Inn & Suites Panama City Beach and Embassy Suites Sarasota.
“It is an honor to offer the healthcare heroes in several of our communities a place to rest and recharge during this time,” Ent said. “Our goal is to support individuals who would otherwise have to spend their own money on accommodations as a show of both thanks and compassion.”
Hotels will be staffed by Team Members who have received additional training on relevant health and safety measures to safeguard their own and their guests’ well-being. All common areas at each property will continue to be sanitized using industrial-grade cleaners and updated cleaning protocols.
Innisfree will work together with its local partners to book rooms through the program, which is currently planned to cover stays from April 13 through May 31, 2020.
For more information about the room donation program and guidance on how to book, visit hilton.com/en/corporate/coronavirus/.
Innisfree Hotels has partnered with Hilton and American Express who have partnered with the following associations to make this possible. Please reach out to your association representatives for more information:
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- American Hospital Association
- American Nurses Association
- Emergency Medicine Residents’ Association
- Emergency Nurses Association
- National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Society of Emergency Medicine Physician Assistants
- Society of Hospital Medicine
- American Association of Respiratory Care
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American College of Surgeons
- American Thoracic Society
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- American Healthcare Association
- National Center for Assisted Living
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- American Association for Nurse Practitioners
- American College of Chest Physicians