We are seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Accounting team. This role is responsible for performing a range of accounting and bookkeeping support functions. In this role you must be very organized, prompt in turning in assignments, and detail oriented. This is a high-volume and fast-paced position and must be able to work in multiple accounts frequently.
- The AP Specialist will back up each other on key duties to ensure all intercompany invoices are posted and received properly.
- Input, review, correct and post invoices for multiple entities.
- Input and scan single invoices mailed to corporate and all intercompany invoices generated by Staff Accountants.
- Review, correct and post weekly invoice batches submitted by hotel staff.
- Ensure all back up documentation is scanned to Workday for all AP and AR invoices.
- Prepare back up worksheets and documentation for self-assessed (consumer’s use) tax filings.
- Assist with documentation on capital/FFE draws.
- Review and reconcile weekly supplier statements. Work directly with suppliers and team members in reconciling errors, requesting credit refunds, and missing invoices.
- Routine supplier maintenance is required for all entities including (but not limited to) remit to addresses, contact information, W9 information, and ACH details.
- Keep organized and up to date ACH agreements signed by suppliers.
- Keep organized and up to date W9 / 1099 information and forms.
- Assist accounting staff with processing daily / weekly manual AP and payroll checks.
- Key petty cash invoices and payments.
- Key utility invoices to include statistical information.
- Assist with supplier credit applications.
- Monitor and keep up to date the accounting email folder.
- Provide general clerical, filing, and administrative support to the accounting team.
- Assist receptionist with telephone support during scheduled breaks and vacations.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable; experience preferred in processing for multi-entity structure.
- Strong competency for customer service in professional services required.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills.
- Must have a knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing and spreadsheets (MSWord and Excel).
- Must be extremely organized and have attention to detail.