The Assistant Chief Engineer is responsible to manage all aspects of maintenance staff on a daily basis. The Assistant Chief Engineer directs, coordinates and performs routine, preventive and emergency interior/ exterior maintenance and repairs to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of hotel operations.
The Assistant Chief Engineer directs the Engineering staff, accounting/budgeting, asset protection, inventory control and human resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates Innisfree Hotels’ culture by creating a fun, happy, and safe work environment.
- Familiar and complies with the hotel’s mission and standards in performing maintenance activities.
- Maximize maintenance team potential with a balanced focus on operations, guests, employee and owner’s satisfaction.
- Represents the engineering department during the daily HOD morning meetings.
- Priorities, plan, schedule assign and supervise the engineering department staff.
- Oversee the maintenance tasks, work orders and special projects ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Respond to guest’s maintenance needs promptly and ensure guests receive professional, efficient prompt and courteous service to hotel standards.
- Maintain the physical appearance and operational efficiency of the hotel including physical. mechanical, electrical, plumbing etc.
- Installation & maintenance of all equipment related to HVAC, DG Sets, Water treatment, Fire Safety etc.
- Ensure proper records are kept relating to all plant and equipment for the hotel including repair and service records.
- Prepare reports as required by the Housekeeping Manager and General Manager.
- Ensure that stores have adequate stocks of materials, equipment and tools and are kept in a clean and safe environment.
- Take responsibility for the cleanliness and safety aspects of all plant and mechanical equipment rooms.
- Attend all Facility Management/Property meetings as required, passing on necessary information to the maintenance team in regular junior staff meetings.
- Ensure the proper use and periodic maintenance of all equipment.
- Perform daily and weekly property document inspections.
- Ensure property, grounds, physical plant and work areas are maintained to standard and that all safety equipment and conditions are to code.
- Establish and maintain department equipment and supply inventory levels appropriate to property requirements
- Provide training to staff on supplies, inventory, maintenance and ordering procedures.
- Train engineering department staff on correct maintenance procedures and assists in repairs as needed.
- Maintain, monitor and test hotel’s emergency and security systems, features like Fire Alarm, CCTV, baggage scanners etc.
- Discuss with GM / Owner / Department heads on maintenance status and inspection reports.
- Respond to corporate and management inquires.
- Develop, implement, and direct all emergency programs.
- Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimize expenses.
- Coordinate with the equipment suppliers for AMC and any outstanding issues.
- Ensure maintenance staff is wearing proper uniforms with name tag and upholds hotels grooming and hygiene standards.
- Responsible for quality service, meeting/exceeding financial goals, short and long-term planning and day-to-day operations.
- Advanced knowledge of building management/engineering with positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Bachelor of science
- Diploma or college degree in Electrical or Civil engineering preferred
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance experience and 3 years supervisory or management experience in engineering hotel department.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.