The Assistant Executive Housekeeper supervises and coordinates activities of room attendant, house attendant, public area cleaners and floor supervisors. He / She assists in the managing and directing of the day–to–day operations of all Housekeeping and laundry functions.
The Assistant Executive Housekeeper participates in and enforces quality assurance for Housekeeping Department and department cost control measures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates Innisfree Hotels’ culture by creating a fun, happy, and safe work environment
- Should have an eye for detail and the ability to effectively deal with guests, other departments and housekeeping staff.
- Obtains list of vacant rooms to be cleaned immediately & list of prospective checkouts or discharges in order to prepare work assignments.
- Experience with turn down service, special needs of VIP Guests, foreign dignitaries, etc. is helpful.
- Assigns team members their duties, and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Prepares and distributes the Room assignment sheet and floor keys to room boys.
- Maintain clear and efficient communication and coordination with the Front Office and other departments of the hotel.
- Schedules the cleaning of the room carpets, upholstery, and draperies as needed, along with deep cleaning projects and window cleaning as necessary.
- Schedules cleaning for lobby area, public restrooms, telephone areas, hallways, entrances, elevators.
- Schedules periodic major cleaning projects including carpet shampooing, cleaning of walls and baseboards, cleaning of windows, elevator doors and tracks.
- Schedules cleaning of all meeting rooms after a completed function.
- Schedules deep cleaning of all meeting rooms on periodic basis including carpet shampooing, cleaning of walls and baseboards, cleaning of windows, etc.
- Inventories cleaning supplies & linen stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Investigates concerns regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
- Provides support to the Executive Housekeeper in all areas of Housekeeping operation, such as staff training, coaching, counseling, and also enforces to the hotels standard operating procedures.
- Ensure all meeting room functions are properly set up according to the requests indicated on the meeting room/event function sheets.
- Ensures guest rooms are properly secured and that proper key control procedures are utilized by the housekeeping staff.
- Advises manager, desk clerk, & admitting personnel of rooms ready for occupancy.
- Rewards employees who use their empowerment to meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Print all housekeeping related reports and traces from PMS.
- Assists in controlling expenses by the housekeeping department.
- Confirm all housekeeping staff members have arrived or find substitutes for absent employees.
- Maintain high quality of housekeeping standards in: 1) the guest rooms 2) linens and uniforms 3) lost and found procedures 4) laundry and 5) public area.
- Review outside laundry facility servicing to ensure quality, undamaged linens and consistent delivery, keeping in mind the budgetary guidelines.
- Co-ordinate with vendors eg: Pest control, Laundry services and other outsource services.
- Attend to any guest complaints and take service recovery measures if required.
- Review the housekeeping points on the guest feedback forms, take actions on guest complaints and also share guest compliments with staff members.
- Prepare annual housekeeping budget.
- Submit requests for repair and periodic maintenance of cleaning equipment.
- Prepares store requisition, purchase other supplies and equipment, also monitor par stock on all housekeeping guest supplies and linens.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Routine Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate with front office and sending room discrepancy lists.
- Select, staff, recruit, hire, and train qualified housekeeping candidates.
- Attends training seminars to perfect housekeeping techniques and procedures, and enhance supervisory skills.
- Records data concerning work assignments, personnel actions, and time cards, and prepares periodic reports. May prepare reports concerning room occupancy, payroll expenses, and department expenses.
- Attends periodic staff meetings with other department heads to discuss company policies and patrons’ complaints, and to make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Orient and familiarize new personnel with hotel facilities and operating hours.
- Control all expenditures relating to Housekeeping, including labor, guest room supplies, and all cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Oversee any guest communications from housekeeping.
Hotel management diploma or equivalent. Read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc. Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Speak with correct English and well-modulated voice.
Minimum 2 years housekeeping experience in a supervisory capacity, 2 years line level experience in all aspects of the Housekeeping department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.