· Prepares all Banquet food items according to standard recipes and/or as specified on guest check to ensure consistency of product to the guest. Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items ideal cooking, in preparation of all menu items.
· Checks and controls the proper storage of product, monitoring age and condition of all food items to rotate and maintain highest quality. Keeps all refrigeration equipment, storage and working areas clean and clutter free, complying with Health department regulations.
· Prepares daily requisitions for supplies and food items for production, according to Banquet Event Orders
· Reads and employs math skills to follow recipes.
Physical Activity Frequency
Climbing stairs: Frequent
Near Vision: Constant
Far Vision: Constant
Lifting/Carrying(# 0-50 lbs) Frequent, up to 50+ lbs
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
· Performs any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor
· Keep floors dry and clean to avoid slip/fall accidents.
· Performs other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up unexpected spills.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of the broiler, sauté, fry, roast, moist heat and other cooking methods.
· Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
· Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, steamers, kettles, etc.
· Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
· Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions read recipes and communicates with other team members
· Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on continuous schedule.
· Ability to stand and to work continuously in confined spaces.
· Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
Expected Hiring Date
1 to 3 days
Important Data for Job Seekers
· Work Location: One location
· Benefits: Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Paid time off, Flexible schedule
· Pay Frequency: Bi weekly or Twice monthly