The purpose of the Banquet Set Up position is to set, maintain and refresh hotel banquet meeting rooms according to sales contract and company standards. To ensure cleanliness and organizations done in a timely manner and to assist supervisor during large functions. The Banquet Set Up person must ensure that all banquet and meeting rooms are properly set up in a timely manner, so that the banquet service staff may prepare for functions. Responsible for a timely and safe breakdown of meeting rooms after event completion.
Physical Demands and Abilities:
- Ability to work long hours.
- Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Possess the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body and arms, work under variable temperatures and noise levels.
- Near Vision – The ability to see details at close range.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time without sitting or leaning.
- Must possess good communication skills: fluency in English preferred.