Job Title: Bar Supervisor Department: Food and Beverage
Supervisor: Food and Beverage Manager FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for the management of all aspects and functions of the bar outlets, in accordance with hotel standards. Directs, implements and maintains BAR service within the Hotel, and ensure that customers are served promptly & courteously.
Additionally, oversee hygiene and safety regulations. Motivate & lead the departments to work as part of the wider hotel team in order to promote a positive image of the Hotel at all times.
This position will not start until late February
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates Innisfree Hotels’ culture by creating a fun, happy, and safe work environment.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Inspect all aspects of the outlet environment ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order and direct respective personnel to rectify deficiencies immediately.
- Inspect quality and amounts of garnishes, ensuring agreement to departmental standards.
- Anticipate guest’s needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that transfer slips and spill sheets are filled out and distributed in accordance with departmental standards.
- Ensure that each liquor bottle ordered is backed up by an exchange of an empty bottle of same liquor.
- Monitor Happy Hour set-up and service, ensuring agreement to Hotel standards.
- Responsibility for the creation of cocktail menus and Update menu changes on the Point of sale (POS) terminal.
- Development and implementation of new international trends to set exceedingly expected standards within the industry
- Implement and ensure the Company Health, Hygiene & Safety Policy is met at all times.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Coordinate music tapes and entertainment, ensuring correct volume and appropriateness to clientèle.
- Establish par levels for supplies, liquor, beer, wine and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
- Responsibility for all beverage purchases, inventories and stock levels within the operation.
- Regularly check storage areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness.
- Review sales and beverage costs for previous day; resolve discrepancies with Accounting. Track actual against budget.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting with staff and review all information pertinent to the day’s business.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts. Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands.
- Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled. Document any late or absent employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Prerequisites Must be able to communicate in English (writing and speaking) and other languages are advantages. Broad understanding of tight stock management procedures and target orientated individual with the ability to work to set deadlines. Great attention to detail, Talent in guest relations management and Is motivated to go the extra mile.
Education Graduates bachelor degree and/or diploma in hotel or another related field. Computer Knowledge and experience in MS office, Point of Sales, Inventory and store programs.
Experience Previous experience in similar Job role or three to five years management experience in large up-scale hotel / restaurant. Experience in Hotel management software and Point of sale software.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.