Bartenders will be responsible to prepare and serve drinks to customers. Able to mix and match ingredients in order to create classic and innovative drinks in accordance with customers’ needs and expectations. The purpose of this position is to interact with the hotel guests and ensure they have a great experience at the Bar.
Bartenders should maintain positive guest interactions while accurately mixing and serving beverages to guests and servers in a friendly and efficient manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates Innisfree Hotels’ culture by creating a fun, happy, and safe work environment.
- Interact with customers, take orders for drinks and snacks.
- Plan and present bar menu.
- Serve snacks and drinks to the customer.
- Check identification of the guest to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol and tobacco products.
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Mix drinks, cocktails and other bar beverages as ordered and in compliance with hotel standard drink recipes. 8. Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages. 9. Service Wine and Beer to guests.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Ability to Sell or influence others for up selling and suggestive selling.
- Provide recommendations and suggestions to guest for choosing Drinks and Snacks.
- Serve customers in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Keep the bar counter and work area neat and clean at all times.
- Provide guidance to guests on resort activities, dining options and general resort and Regional information.
- Determine when a customer has had too much alcohol and if required refusing any further serving on a polite way.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, menus and Promotions
- Handle and move objects, such as glasses and bottles, using hands and arms.
- Clean up after customers and clean work area. 21. Clear ashtrays as and when required.
- Wash glassware and utensils after each use.
- Maintain a clean working area by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of glass doors and windows, etc. if required.
- Perform physical activities such as lifting and stooping.
- Maintain liquor inventory and consumption.
- Collect payment for drinks served and balance all receipts.
- Handle an assigned house bank and follow all cash handling procedures as per hotel standard.
- Prepare inventory or purchase requisitions as needed to replenish supplies.
- Ensure that the assigned bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for Mixing beverages and serving guests.
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Perform Other duties as and when assigned by the hotel management.
Must be able to communicate in English writing and speaking and other languages are advantages. Good personality and Positive interpersonal skills required. Food Handlers Card
Previous bartending experience required. Experience in handling Point of sale (POS) terminals and Stock & Inventory management software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.