Innisfree Hotels is looking for a Chief Engineer to join our dynamic team at Bikini Beach Resort in Panama City Beach. This individual will be responsible for managing and training the maintenance staff while providing excellent guest service in an efficient, courteous professional manner; Maintaining the hotel and appropriate facilities in a clean and well-maintained manner. Must be available on an “on call” basis when off duty.
Must be able to perform major life activities: standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking and communicating. For this position specifically:
- Must be able to push or pull 80 pounds and lift and/or carry 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for ten hours, bend, stretch, reach.
- Must be able to speak and read English, be able to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty, maturity and trustworthiness at all times.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Computer skills to include Property Management System, Excel and Word.
- Safety and security measures, to include local codes.
- Standard operating procedures for hotels.
- Work within productivity standards.
- Assist with guest and guest room issues, being professional and maintaining a hospitable caring attitude.
- Maintain guest privacy.
- Follow maintenance procedures in the company systematic fashion.
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizations skills
- Maintenance skills
- Must be able to work alone, without direct supervision.
- Must be self – motivated.
- Must be able to work as a team member.
- Comply with all standards.
- Be able to multitask, work well under pressure, remain service centric.
- Communicate professionally with guests, co-workers and interdepartmentally.
- Hire, train, staff.
- Meet labor and payroll goals.
- Maintain guest room maintenance records.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Maintain maintenance supplies as it pertains to maintenance department.
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of Hampton Inn Quality Assurance standards.
- Other duties as assigned, of which the associate is capable of performing.