The Front Desk Agent represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay, determines a guest’s reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay, helps guest complete registration cards and then assigns rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
The Front Desk Agent verifies the guest’s method of payment and follows established credit-checking procedures. Places guest and room information in the appropriate front desk racks and communicates this information to the appropriate hotel personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates Innisfree Hotels’ culture by creating a fun, happy, and safe work environment.
- Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check-cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day-use rooms.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same-day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Maintains guest room key storage, and maintains and supervises access to safe deposit boxes.
- File room keys (only for manual room key hotels)
- Knows how to use front office equipment.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, raising paid out’s, currency exchange,
- Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes used by guests.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department in keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Performs cashiering tasks like bill/invoice settlement, posting charges to the guest, paid out’s, Foreign currency exchange etc.
- Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures. Courier Mail Register
- Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Attends department meetings.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures, Is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school graduate or equivalent. Must speak, read. Write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace. Must be able to speak and understand the primary language used by the guests who visit the hotel.
Previous hotel-related experience desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.