Job Summary: Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay by working with all hotel personnel to ensure every guest experiences superior customer care. Responsibilities include registering guests, assigning rooms, accommodating special requests, ensuring the guests have a pleasant stay and smooth checkout, and always have a smile
• Maintains an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments.
• Knows cancellation procedures.
• Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
• Registers arriving guests and assigns rooms.
• Uses persuasive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
• Knows daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
• Manages and resolves all guest complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
• Processes guest check-outs and handles monetary transactions.
• Maintains a high level of professional appearance and demeanor.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous hotel-related experience preferred.
• Ability to communicate with public, hotel staff, and management in a professional manner.
• Ability to understand and adhere to proper credit, check cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
• Skilled in the use of front office equipment.
• Knowledge of proper telephone etiquette.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.