Department: Front Office
Reports to: General Manager, Assistant General Manager
Manage all aspects of the front office (for example guest registration, porter services, business center, telephone services, concierge services, shuttle services and guest reservations) to deliver a guest experience that is unique and brings the brand to life. At Hotel Indigo we look for people who are energetic and approachable with a sense of fun; always curious to discover more and share thoughtful suggestions with our guests.
Duties and responsibilities
• Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control labor costs and expenses with a focus on rate strategy, building initiatives and inventory management.
• Oversee night audit function and preparation of daily financial reports.
• Develop plans to increase occupancy and ADR through walk-ins and up selling at the front desk.
• Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
• Educate and train team members in compliance with national and local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
• Ensure staff is properly trained on systems, security and cash handling procedures, and service and quality standards.
• Ensure front office staff provides guests with prompt service, professional attention and personal recognition.
• Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to interact effectively with guests. Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships to drive continuous improvement in guest satisfaction.
• Conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas and take immediate actions to correct any deficiencies.
• Respond to guest reviews with a positive outcome on all brand and social media platforms
• Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy and ensure all transactions are handled in a secure manner.
• Train team members on PBX procedures and serve as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations; develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel.
• Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
This job is the top Front Office job at a full-service hotel or at a regional extended-stay hotel. May report to a Director of Rooms at a large luxury or resort hotel. Typically supervises front desk agents, and porter/shuttle services, reservations, PBX, etc. May oversee subordinate supervisors.
Qualifications and requirements
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management/Business Administration, plus 3 years of Front Office/Guest Service experience including management experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.