The Guest Service Agent accommodates guests of the hotel by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates Innisfree Hotels’ culture by creating a fun, happy, and safe work environment.
- Provides value added service to customers exceeding customer expectations.
- Communicates effectively with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Demonstrates teamwork by cooperating and assisting co-workers as needed.
- Handles difficult situations effectively.
- Meets service standards.
- Performs other duties as required to provide service and teamwork.
- Provides quality service to the customer by responding to their requests promptly, efficiently, and courteously during check-in, check-out, and throughout stay.
- Registers, processes, and greets customer promptly, welcoming him/her to the hotel.
- Responds to customer requests for information about the hotel.
- Arranges for special services requested by the customer.
- Stays current with developments in the hotel by reviewing the communication to each shift.
- Arranges fulfillment of customer services by working with courtesy van staff, housekeeping, reservations, and maintenance.
- Minimizes loss of revenue by adhering to all established credit and inventory control procedures.
- Ensures all customers establish credit or pay cash upon check-in.
- Monitors customer accounts to insure adherence to hotel credit limits and verifies accuracy of registration information.
- Improves timeliness of cash flow by adhering to all established credit and inventory control procedures.
- Verifies all information on reservations check-in; name, address, method of payment, etc.
- Retrieves proper name and address verification and proper approval codes for cash and credit card paying customers.
- Identifies and records special billing instructions.
- Completes shift closing accurately by getting appropriate approval signatures and authorization codes.
- Adheres to hotel policies regarding the use of cash banks, drop/deposit logs, etc.
- Increases revenues by offering customers upgraded rooms.
- Follows yield management procedures while making room reservations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Continuous Learning – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; shares expertise with others.
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity.
- Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service ; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed.
- Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relations; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
- Managing Customer Focus – Promotes customer focus; establishes customer service standards; provides training in customer service delivery; monitors customer satisfaction; develops new approaches to meeting customer needs.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Conflict Resolution – Encourages open communications; confronts difficult situations; maintains objectivity; keeps emotions under control; uses negotiation skills to resolve conflicts.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Consultative Selling – Qualifies potential customers; builds rapport and establishes trust; asks questions to discover client business needs; applies product and market knowledge effectively; presents solutions that meet customer objectives.
- Personal Appearance – Dresses appropriately for position; keeps self well groomed.
- Sales Skills – Overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence; initiates new contacts; maintains customer satisfaction; maintains records and promptly submits information.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions ; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software and Internet software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.