Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments. Identify and report preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms. Performs any combination of the following tasks to maintain guestrooms, working areas, and the hotel premises in general in a clean and orderly manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates Innisfree Hotels’ culture by creating a fun, happy, and safe work environment.
- Cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture using a vacuum cleaner, broom and carpet shampoo machine.
- Cleans rooms, hallways and restrooms.
- Washes walls and ceiling, moves furniture’s and turn mattress.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floor.
- Dusts and polishes metalwork.
- Collects soiled linen for laundering.
- Received linen supplies from floor shoots.
- Maintains housekeeping carts.
- Removes trash collected by room attendants.
- Walk all assigned floors at beginning and end of shift to collect Newspaper bags, newspapers, trash, solid linen.
- Pickup clean linen and refill the par stock of linen on each floor pantry.
- Deliver towels, cribs, cots and other items to the guest rooms on requests.
- Perform duties of room attendant when necessary.
- Sort linen, stock room attendant closets.
- Refill the par stock of guest amenities and supplies on each floor pantry.
- Help the room boys / house maids with the heavy lifting when super cleaning / spring cleaning of rooms.
- Clean all public areas in the prescribed manner while following department standard operating procedures.
- Remove soiled linen and trash from the pool side and other service area and take to appropriate locations in the prescribed manner.
- Assist room boys / house maid with placing bed boards, roll-ways beds, extra bed etc.
- Report missing / found articles, damage or merchandise problems to the housekeeping supervisors.
- Respond at all times in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and other colleagues.
- Take up any tasks assigned by the supervisors as and when needed.
- Report to work in required uniform and in adherence with the Hotels Dress Code Policy.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Speak with others using clear and professional language. Support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
High School or equivalent or 1 year diploma in hotel management.
Previous housekeeping experience preferred. Freshers with no experience are also considered.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
I understand the responsibilities of the above job description and certify that I can perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations in accordance with Americans with Disabilities.