Primarily Responsible for Operating and maintain cleaning equipment and tools. Also, responsible for washing dishes, chinaware, flatware, cutlery, crockery, kitchen vessels, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning and detailing equipment’s etc. Maintains the kitchen, dishwashing and back area in an inspection-ready condition in accordance with local authority and hotel guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates Innisfree Hotels’ culture by creating a fun, happy, and safe work environment.
- Ensure the kitchen is clean, well maintained and organized at all times.
- Ensure floors are dry and clean at all times.
- Operate pot-washing machinery and maintain a hygienic working environment in accordance with hygiene regulations and company standards.
- Adhere to all sanitation guidelines.
- Collects and removes trash from all areas of the operation following established procedures.
- Dispose of waste as per the hotel and authority standards and Adhere to recycling guidelines.
- Ensure waste bin area is kept clean and tidy.
- Carry out general cleaning as directed to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, emptying of rubbish bins and boxes ensuring placement in the correct containers
- Cleans and sanitizes pots, pans, utensils, and other minor equipment routinely used in the kitchen following established procedures.
- Cleans and maintains floors and walls in kitchen and dish washing area by following standard procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes dishes and related service ware following established procedures.
- Cleans large equipment as assigned, following established procedures.
- Consistently adheres to SDS (Safety Data Sheet) information related to the proper and safe use of chemicals in the workplace.
- Knowledge and proficiency to operate industrial dish washers.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and in good working order.
- Check all chemical levels and inventory.
- Wash, Wipe, Sort, stack dishes, and load/unload dishwasher
- Wash, Wipe, Sort, stack and store all cleaned items in an organized and safe manner.
- If any breakages or chipped items found then remove them from circulation and update the breakage and inventory register.
- Clean, sanitize and close workstations.
- Uses and maintains all equipment according to manufacturer and department guidelines.
- Always Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
The right candidate should have a positive attitude, communicates effectively, work under pressure and priorities and works efficiently with limited supervision.
High school or equivalent diploma.
Previous experience in similar role and Knowledge of Basic Food Hygiene.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.