The Payroll Clerk is responsible for performing clerical operations in the administration of the payroll for the hotel.
- Responsible for processing payroll for all hotel team members.
- Reviews accuracy of payroll and deductions and reports all discrepancies to direct supervisor
- Prepares payroll reports accordingly
- Conduct annual record retention procedures
- Assists in processing quarterly, and year’s Closings
- Responsible for processing tips and gratuities
- Files and maintains the team members’ payroll related documents
- Maintains team members’ information, and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing all related tasks as needed
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned and/or required
- High school diploma or equivalent education required
- Minimum 1 year experience in payroll and/or accounting
- Proficient at MS Office, especially Excel
- Must be highly organized
- Excellent attention to details
- Basic mathematical skills and ability to perform mathematical calculations without error
- Ability to access and accurately input information into a computer using various computer software programs
- Ability to effectively deal with guest and team member concerns in a friendly and positive manner
- Ability to operate office machines, including copier, fax, telephone
- Must be able to work on weekends and holidays if necessary