The Server ensures that all guests are served to the hotel’s standards in the Restaurant / Bar / Lounge areas. The server displays highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times within all food and beverage areas.
The Server takes orders and serves (where applicable, prepares) food and beverages to guests as per the hotel’s standards in a friendly, timely and efficient manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates Innisfree Hotels’ culture by creating a fun, happy, and safe work environment.
- Greets guests and presents them with the menu.
- Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any.
- Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to upsell.
- Take food and beverage orders from the guest on the order taking pads or on the handheld Point of sale (POS ) system.
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed
- Punch the order on the POS machine and make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food. Eg: No Garlic, less spicy etc., Without egg etc.
- Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
- Coordinate with the bus person, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Server food and beverage to the guest as per the course of order.
- Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering
- Desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Prepare mixed drinks for service to your customers table.
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- Assist bus persons with stocking and maintain the restaurant par stock levels and side station.
- Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions.
- Print closing report and drop the cash with the front office / accounts department.
- Tally the Credit Card settlements for the day with the batch closing report from EDC machine.
- Close the shift on the POS terminal.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Previous serving experience required. Excellent oral communication skills required. Positive interpersonal skills required. Can handle local language and English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.