We are looking for a dedicated banquet server/setup staff to join our team. Candidates should possess an efficient work ethic, a friendly and professional demeanor and be comfortable being on their feet for several hours at a time.
Banquet Server/Setup Staff will work as a member of our Food and Beverage department and will specialize in the setup and service of banquets, events and meetings. Must be able to handle multitasking in a fast-paced environment. Team member will be responsible for all table service duties during the actual event as well as prep work prior to event and closeout tasks afterwards.
Duties/Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Setup for events including arranging tables and chairs, placing tablecloths and napkins, neatly displaying china and glassware, putting up decorations and preparing serving stations.
- Greeting guests as they arrive.
- Assist with serving food from kitchen area to buffet stations (or for plated events must present dishes to guests) in a timely manner.
- Keeping patrons glasses and/or beverage stations refilled at all times during events.
- Collecting used dishes and utensils from tables and returning them to the proper dishwashing area.
- In addition to providing guests with exceptional service during the event, banquet servers must ensure event area is still clean and tidy. Must clean up messes and spills during the event/keep areas looking presentable at all times.
- Interact with guests to make sure all needs are met and if necessary respond to any special requests in a timely manner. Communicate any complaints or questions from guests to banquet captain on duty.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Perform cleaning and breakdown services after the event.
- Assist with banquet inventory and organization on an ordinary basis.
Frequently walking with some standing at times, possibly extended distances.
Frequently lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
Occasionally lift/carry up to 50 lbs.