Supervises all housekeeping employees, has the authority to hire or discharge, plans and assigns work assignments, give training for newly recruited employees, audit and inspects housekeeping personal work assignment and requisition supplies. Take care of the budget and budget controlling for the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates Innisfree Hotels’ culture by creating a fun, happy, and safe work environment.
- Supervises all housekeeping employees, hires new employees as needed, discharges employees when necessary and take disciplinary actions when policies are not followed. Evaluates employees in order to upgrade them when openings arise.
- Plans the work for the housekeeping department and distributes assignments accordingly. Assigns regular duties and special duties for housekeeping staff. Schedules employees and assigns extra days off according to occupancy forecast. Maintains a time log book of all employees within the department.
- Recruit and train new employees. Assigns new employees to work with experienced help. Checks on the work of these employees occasionally and observes the report made by the supervisors.
- Approves all supply requisitions, such as those for spreads and bathroom rugs. Maintains a lost-and-found department and is responsible for all lost-and-found items. Determines the rightful owner and send correspondences.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Responsibility & Authority
- Responsible for cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of the entire Hotel.
- Ensure that rooms are made as per company standard.
- Prepare Annual Housekeeping Budget.
- Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and uniform.
- Organize inventories with Accounts and General Store for linen, uniform and fixed assets.
- Pay particular attention while organizing pest eradication activities.
- Develop and implement Housekeeping systems and procedures
- Prepare reports for management information.
- Assist Purchase department in selecting suppliers for items related to Housekeeping.
- Plan, control and supervise Horticultural activities.
- Attending and resolving guest complaints.
- Verification of supplies consignments.
- Organize on-the job training and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Approval of the Functional Manual of the department.
- Recommend recruitment of new personnel.
Other Routine Responsibilities
- Daily inspection of public areas and employee’s locker rooms.
- Daily briefing of Supervisors/ Executives.
- Coordinating the preventive maintenance schedule of rooms and public area with maintenance department.
- Immediately attending to guest requests.
Prerequisites Strong Leadership abilities and organizational skills, Entrepreneurial, thinks out of the box and Able to drive change and look for operational efficiencies / synergies across the network.
Education Three Years Degree or diploma in hotel management
Experience Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience of which at least 2 to 3 years in similar role. Strong Operational/Technical Knowledge. Successful Pre-opening experience & records a distinct advantage.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.