- Clean rooms/ suites, as assigned, which includes: making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming and washing windows/tracks. Reports rooms as clean and available. Reports maintenance deficiencies in order to maintain room in compliance with hotel standards.
- Strip dirty linens/towels and remove used amenities from room/suite.
- Check the maid cart for supplies, stock as needed.
- Greet guests immediately with friendly/sincere acknowledgment.
- Replenish linen and guest amenities.
- Clean balconies, if applicable.
- Respond to special requests by guests (such as providing extra amenities or service time requests).
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Provide customer service to guests, including information about hotel services, activities and local attractions.
- Assist co-workers, as requested.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to arrive to work on time and when scheduled.
- Physically able to move large objects such as: carts, large bags of linen, ironing board.
- Physically able to operate cleaning equipment such as: vacuum cleaners, brooms, spray bottles
- Ability to read and recognize room/suite numbers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and team members verbally or in written form.
- Ability to learn, follow and enforce standards for cleanliness as they apply to all aspects of suite.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures/standards and able to recognize and act in emergency situations.