The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and developing of the overall operation of the housekeeping department in accordance with federal, state, and local standards and guidelines along with assuring the highest degree of quality guest care is maintained at all times. Responsible for staffing, scheduling, training and developing hourly staff.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Manage the daily activities of the Housekeeping department to include appropriate cleaning of all offices, concourses, seating areas, washrooms, restaurants, concession stands, suites, and all public spaces.
• Planning, organizing and directing team members to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction.
• Daily supervision of the housekeeping staff, including the day, event and post-event crews.
• Daily supervision of the groundskeeping staff, including the day, event and post-event crews.
• Purchase, re-order and maintain housekeeping supplies and inventory.
• Conduct pre-event inspections of all rooms, concourses, clubs, seating areas and public areas prior gate opening for every event held at the Arena.
• Recruit, schedule and train all new housekeeping staff members.
• Maintain the housekeeping budget, providing billing summaries and expenses for all pre and post events.
• Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and conduct.
• Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within the Housekeeping department.
• Determines and maintains the department work schedule used to notify staff of upcoming events and ensure proper preparation and staffing for each event.
• Ensures the proper maintenance of all equipment; makes arrangements for repair and/or replacement of used and damaged equipment.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
• Hotel HK Management experience required (preferably Marriott).
• Previous experience managing a team of housekeeping employees through motivation, coaching and development.
• The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask
• Working knowledge of rooms management systems.
• Advanced knowledge of Housekeeping process and procedures.
• Proven experience supervising housekeeping departments of 15+ employees.
• Ability to maintain a budget
• Proven excellence in customer service.
• Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision-making skills
• Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
• Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
• Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets,
• Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
• Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.