The houseman maintains the cleanliness and appearance of the hotel. Provide guests with quality service in a timely and friendly manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates Innisfree Hotels’ culture by creating a fun, happy, and safe work environment.
- Cleans and maintains the cleanliness and appearance of the public areas of the hotel and the back of house areas.
- Cleans and sets-up meeting rooms.
- Responsible for deep-cleaning of assigned areas of the hotel.
- Sets-up and monitors complimentary hotel lobby functions.
- Delivers housekeeping items to guest rooms upon request from the front desk.
- Checks and stocks supplies and cleaning tools.
- Greets and welcomes each guest.
- Responds to guest requests in a timely and friendly matter.
- Follows procedures for entering and leaving guest rooms.
- Returns lost items found in guest rooms, public areas, or back of the house to the Housekeeping Department as a “lost and found” item with the date, where it was found, description of the item, and finder’s name.
- Turns in keys and pager to Housekeeping Department when shift ends.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Communications – Exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relations; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Personal Appearance – Dresses appropriately for position; keeps self well groomed.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions ; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software and Inventory software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.