Directly supervises all front office personnel and ensures proper completion of all front office duties. Directs and coordinates the activities of the front desk, reservations, guest services, and telephone areas. Prepare monthly reports and budget for front office department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates Innisfree Hotels’ culture by creating a fun, happy, and safe work environment.
- Trains, cross –trains, and retrains all front office personnel.
- Participates in the selection of front office personnel.
- Schedules the front office staff.
- Supervises workload during shifts.
- Evaluates the job performance if each front office employee.
- Maintains working relationships and communicates with all departments.
- Maintains master key control.
- Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Updates group information. Maintains, monitors, and prepares group requirements. Relays information to appropriate personnel.
- Reviews and completes credit limit report.
- Works within the allocated budget for the front office.
- Receives information from the previous shift manger and passes on pertinent details to the oncoming manager.
- Checks cashiers in and out and verifies banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
- Enforces all cash-handling, check-cashing, and credit policies.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings of front office personnel.
- Wears the proper uniform at all times. Requires all front office employees to wear proper uniforms at all times.
- Upholds the hotel’s commitment to hospitality.
- Prepare performance reports related to front office.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily. Ie flash report, allowance etc.
- Monitor high balance guest and take appropriate action.
- Ensure implementation of all hotel policies and house rules.
- Operate all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Prepare revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guest’s managers and other employees.
- Monitor all V.I.P ‘s special guests and requests.
- Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary supplies.
- Review daily front office work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Review Front office log book and Guest feedback forms on a daily basis.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education Minimum two-year college degree. Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
Experience Minimum of one year of hotel front desk supervisory experience, experience handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.