Prepares, seasons, and cooks soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare special meals for dietary needs or substitute items.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters etc.
- Very good knife skills.
- Pull food from freezer storage to thaw in the refrigerator.
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish.
- Maintain food logs.
- Monitor the quality and quantity of food that is prepared.
- Communicate assistance needed during busy periods.
- Inform Chef of excess food items for use in daily specials.
- 10.Inform Food & Beverage service staff of menu specials and out of stock menu items.
- 11.Ensure the quality of the food items.
- 12.Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- 13.Prepare cold foods.
- 14.Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
- 15.Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- 16.Complete safety training and certifications.
- 17.Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- 18.Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- 19.Protect company assets.
- 20.Anticipate and address guests’ service needs.
- 21.Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- 22.Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- 23.Support team to reach common goals.
- 24.Listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- 25.Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- 26.Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- 27.Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- 28.Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 75 pounds without assistance.
- 29.Ability to work cohesively with coworkers as part of a team.
- 30.Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; requires minimal supervision; uses resources effectively.
Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service ; responds to requests for service and assistance.
Managing Customer Focus – Establishes customer service standards; monitors customer satisfaction.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Personal Appearance – Dresses appropriately for position; keeps self well groomed.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; works quickly.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.