Job Title: Maintenance Technician (Pool) Department: Back of the House
Supervisor: Chief Engineer FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approved By: Human Resources
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Maintain inventory of supplies needed to perform job function.
- Report major deficiencies and items, which cannot be readily repaired, to the direct supervisor.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the business the individual may be required to do other duties and special projects as
- assigned by the supervisor, such as making props or cleaning of the workshop.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of pools
- Skill in the use of related tools (including both hand and electric tools).
- Basic English language communication and mathematical skills in order to communicate with coworkers fully comprehend job assignments and perform accurate simple arithmetic functions.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping and kneeling.
- Ability to push and pull objects or materials weighing up to 80 lbs. Ability to climb stairs and ladders, working at heights up to approximately 30 feet, for extended periods of time, with the ability to reach, often times overhead.
- Ability to grasp, lift or carry items weighing up to 50 lbs. occasionally waist high.
- Ability to move and work throughout the hotel for the duration of the shift.