Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the hotel. Complete maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely basis by following hotels standard operating procedures.
Continually work towards and support the improvement of engineering service to guests, other departments and fellow staffs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates Innisfree Hotels’ culture by creating a fun, happy, and safe work environment.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests.
- Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, and boiler systems.
- Communicate with different types of people to comprehend what they want and to provide them with information and assistance.
- Check for new maintenance requests from the PMS (Property Management System) and update remarks once the task is completed.
- Update the maintenance work order form and file them.
- Ability to interpret readings from meters & gauges and other measuring units.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- 10.Ability to work under pressure situations and exercise good judgements.
- 11.Ability to focus attention on details, speed and accuracy.
- 12.Ability to maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information.
- 13.Ability to ensure security of guest room access and hotel property.
- 14.Ability to read and understand test equipment, measuring devices, and safety manuals.
- 15.Preform maintenance activities in the guest room like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners / HVAC and AC ducts.
- 16.Perform maintenance activities in hotel public areas like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing and electrical equipment and cosmetic items.
- 17.Program TV’s and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties.
- 18.Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment.
- 19.To clean, lubricate, protect, and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel.
- 20.To operate as an independent mechanic by analyzing problems, identifying courses of action, and implementing solutions with available resources and to a high degree of quality.
- 21.To be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect guests and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
- 22.To monitor fire Alarm / Life Safety System systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
- 23.Read and understand blueprints, schematic drawings, and technical parts breakdown.
- 24.Carry out specific oral and written instructions.
- 25.Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- 26.Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- 27.Maintains the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- 28.Performs other duties as assigned by Engineering Supervisor or Chief Engineer.
- 29.Train and instruct other members of the staff through sharing of knowledge and skills.
- 30.Performs other duties as assigned.
Prerequisites To be able to work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organized. Ability to multi-task in busy environment and adheres to hotel the Standard Operating Procedures.
Education ITI or Diploma holder in Air conditioning and refrigeration or electrical or civil or mechanical.
Experience Minimum 1 to 2 years experience in a similar role with a good understanding of English, both written and oral.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.