The Night Auditor verifies the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates Innisfree Hotels’ culture by creating a fun, happy, and safe work environment
- Audits manually written or online data
- Examines expense accounts, commissions paid to employees, loans made on insurance policies, interest and account payments, cash receipts, sales tickets, bank records, inventory and stock record sheets, and similar items to verify accuracy of recorded data
- Checks for proper codes
- Corrects errors or lists discrepancies for adjustment
- Computes percentages and totals and compares results with recorded entries
- Distributes audit numbers into outlet distributions
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education, Training and Experience
High school diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of accounting software, internet software, and database software.