We are currently looking for a Payroll Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will have prior experience processing multi-state payroll as well as being positive, energetic, well-organized, and detailed oriented.
- Processes multi-state payroll using the designated payroll and timekeeping software.
- Ability to manage and research gratuities, Knowledge of 941 reporting and other tax filing, state regulations, federal regulations, vacation accrual, garnishments, state deductions, tax deductions, and wages, and other relative payroll and human resources related items..
- Maintains payroll information.
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and getting approved changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Prepares payroll reports and other reports upon request by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provides payroll and benefit information by answering questions and requests.
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
- Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time in line with contracts
- Responsible for setting up new properties and terminating properties that are no longer in business or managed.
Minimum Essential Functions:
- Responsible for updating employees information accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources or any other management request.
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing a multi-state payroll;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or Accounting
- Extensive knowledge payroll and timekeeping systems.
- Proficient at MS Office (especially Excel)
- Working experience of payroll tax at the federal, state and local levels
- Must be a team player
- Must be highly organized and attention to detail
- Prior system conversion experience, a plus.