The Laundry Attendant is responsible for the washing, folding, and restocking the entire hotel’s laundry in a timely, organized manner. The laundry area must be clean at all times, and the equipment must be clean and serviceable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates Innisfree Hotels’ culture by creating a fun, happy, and safe work environment.
- Ensures cleaning supplies and linens are available at all times for the Housekeeping and Food and Beverage Departments.
- Receives soiled linen by bags, carts, or chutes from the floors, sorts, inspects, and records all damaged or stained items.
- Operates laundry machinery, such as washers, dryers, and irons, according to recommended capacity and manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Ensures necessary chemicals are added in the correct quantities prior to wash cycles.
- Washes, dries, folds, irons, and restocks the collected linen.
- Maintains cleanliness of the laundry equipment.
- Assists in daily linen count for monthly inventories.
- Reports damaged linen or mechanical problems with the equipment.
- Responds quickly to a guest requests in a friendly manner and follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows all health and safety regulations.
- Keeps lint traps clean.
- Completes additional tasks as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Able to speak, read, write, and understand English
- Problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
The physical requirements are provided so that the applicant or team member can determine if he or she will be able to perform the essential functions of the positions , with or without reasonable accommodation, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act.
Team member will be required to constantly stand. Team member will be required to frequently walk, reach with arms and hands, carry, lift, bend, crouch, and crawl.
Team member will be required to frequently lift, carry, push, pull, slide, and transfer less than 50 pounds. Team member will be required to rarely lift, carry, push, pull, slide, and transfer more than 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.