The Revenue Manager is responsible for both strategic and tactical initiatives related to revenue maximization. As a member of our revenue management team, you will have the opportunity to set strategic direction, determine pricing, create promotions, and explore new distribution opportunities.
You will own the implementation of a business plan and product strategy. You will have exposure to senior management and work closely with Sales, Marketing, Trade Support and Services and Reservations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate Innisfree Hotels’ culture by creating a fun, happy, and safe work environment.
- Manage and maintain group and transient inventory controls.
- Develop, monitor, and adjust sales and pricing strategies.
- Provide critical analysis of strategies, room’s statistics and demand factors.
- Conduct competitive and demand analysis, while maintaining distribution channel data integrity.
- Implement appropriate hotel inventory distribution strategy.
- Maintain accurate rates and inventory allotments in the IDS/GDS/CRO and property PMS in a timely manner to promote rate parity throughout all booking channels.
- Develop near and long-term top-line rooms revenue hotel forecasts upon request from upper management.
- Load all preferred, consortia and promotional rates in GDS and PMS.
- Spearhead troubleshooting and resolution of any GDS rate loading issues as they occur.
- Analyze independently and determine whether hotel is effectively marketing itself across electronic distribution channels.
- Participate and prepare rolling forecast and annual budget for each property using PMS, Delphi, Redx, IDeaS and forecasting tools RevTOOLS.
- Ensure that all rooms statistics reports, including the Financial statement, and any other related reports are accurate and consistent.
- Ensure that all revenue management related systems are maintained including Opera/Fidelio/Protel, Redx/Synxis/ IDeaS, Electronic channels, GDS, and Delphi.
- Support the NSA at the property level to complete the monthly audit in making sure that the Delphi / IDeaS system is being utilized effectively.
- Attend Weekly Sales Meeting to maintain communication of strategies and need periods.
- Manage all aspects of rate & inventory management as outlined in the services contract.
- Prepare training materials, training schedules, and systems training for the team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned by upper management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field.
- Minimum 4 years of successful revenue management experience at a multi-property level.
- Excellent analytical skills and must be able to fully comprehend the travel industry distribution landscape – this includes third party channels, GDS, central reservation systems, and property management systems.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills are imperative as this position will interact remotely with hotels, interact frequently with corporate brand representation, and will coach direct reports on revenue management best practices.
- Must be able to effectively communicate ideas in verbal and written presentations.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are a must.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel.