As a server you will ensure that all guests are served to the company standard in the Restaurant and Bar areas. Ensure that the highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times within all food and beverage areas.
Additionally, you will serve Food and Beverage to guests including ingredients and discussing any allergy information. Take and deliver accurate food and beverage orders to guest as per the hotel standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates Innisfree Hotels’ culture by creating a fun, happy, and safe work environment.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Taking food and beverage orders and serving them to guests on a timely manner.
- Check guests for proper identification and serve alcoholic beverages to guests in accordance with federal, state, local and company laws and regulations.
- Always respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Mix and garnish beverages according to recipe and portion control standards.
- Should be fully aware of the restaurant menu along with their prices and any applicable taxes.
- Good knowledge of wine selection, wine service and Beer service.
- Take guest beverage or food orders and input them to the point-of-sale system.
- Ensuring that the bar and lounge stations are fully stocked, clean and tidy at all times.
- Establish rapport with guests to build loyal and satisfied customers.
- Ensure knowledge of menu and restaurant promotions and any special offers.
- Pick-up food orders from kitchen and communicate to the chef regarding any special preferences or allergy.
- Replenish beverages and ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal service.
- Able to up-sell all promotion available in the outlet.
- Ensure serving station is well-stocked at all times.
- Accurately total, process and collect payments from guests to include, but not limited to, using the point-of-sale system.
- Should know basic cashiering procedures like handling money, processing credit and debit cards, making change and processing gift certificates, cards and vouchers.
- Be responsible for billing/credit card/payment and collecting feedback from the guest.
- Clear tables and prepare for service by polishing cutlery, glassware and crockery etc.
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas.
- Return all equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors and completing bar closing checklist.
- Stock and maintain the bar with all the required supplies and inventory (eg: beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws, stirrers, condiments, glassware, ice cubes etc.)
- Always take responsibility for ensuring a positive guest experience.
- Take ownership of guest request and follow up guest’s incidences.
- Attend daily briefings from management who will explain any special requirements for service.
- To ensure a very good relationship between the Bar, other F&B outlet, Kitchen, housekeeping & Front of the House.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned or as requested by Supervisors or manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Prerequisites Previous serving experience required. Have sound knowledge of spirits, beers, wine, cocktails and coffee. Should have excellent communication skills. Flexibility to work longer hours as per business demand. Be courteous, professional and provide efficient service.
Education Knowledge of computers, Wines, POS – Point of sales system and inventory software.
Experience 1 to 2 years’ experience as a Server preferred.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.